Week 15 + 16 - Reflective Journal

This week I wanted to narrow down the character's face and hair. I tried out various colours and ideas of how magic might affect her appearance, as well as a "spooky" undead look that may reveal something about the character as a supernatural being. I eventually settled on her looking like a living human, with eyes that glow when she uses magic.

I also began working on a consistent background design for my submission, trying to incorporate the moon phase pattern from the poncho into the design.

I wanted the character to be older, appearing wise and experienced. I gave her greying hair, and plan to give her some wrinkle definition in the final design.

After finalising the poncho design, I painted a neater layout of the patterns, as well as breaking down colours and the shapes seen on the fabric. Doing a rough drawing of the poncho being worn also helped with plans on how I would draw my final design, as I played with the warp tool to make the design flow correctly with the drawing.

In preparation of my peer review I started finalising how my pages would look, and laying out my work in a way that was easy to read and detailed.

Poncho Page

Clothing Concepts Page

Full Character and Clothing Details Page
I plan to ask for feedback on my page layouts so far, as well as colours used and general thoughts on the coherency of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 36+37 - Reflective Journal - GAM705

 We are now onto our major project, and final module. The year is coming to an end, and my aim is now to create work to add to my portfolio ...