Week 11 & 12 - Reflective Journal

 This week I tried to play with the concepts for the sailor a bit more, and whilst I began to like the character, it felt like I'd already chosen the witch and was prepared to move ahead. However, I may come back to the sailor one day, as a personal project.

Early Sailor Concepts

Continuing with the witch, I took my favourite aspects of each design, as well as asking my peers for their opinions, to put together a final design. I picked the hat and hair to give a strong silhouette to the character, ad found my peers enjoyed the decals on the shirt and trousers. 

Choosing Favourite Aspects of Designs

Plotting Favourites

After sketching a rough version of the final design, I began working on details, starting with the poncho. I want to use motifs, shapes and symbols associated with witchcraft, as well as patterns seen on regular ponchos. I will also need to finalise designs on the shirt, boots, hat, belt, etc.

Starting Work on Ponchos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 36+37 - Reflective Journal - GAM705

 We are now onto our major project, and final module. The year is coming to an end, and my aim is now to create work to add to my portfolio ...